Uncle Dewey's Bar-B-Q Ribs
4 racks of Baby Back Pork ribs (1 rack per person)
1 liter Coke
1 liter Pineapple juice
1 cup brown sugar
2 large onions, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 small can tomato paste
2 tablespoons canola or corn oil
2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
1 large tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 cup Balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 cup lemon juice
1. Boil ribs in mixture of Coke, pineapple juice, brown sugar. If ribs are not submerged in liquid, add water. Boil 1 hour. (Don't throw out the liquid!)
2. Grill ribs on Bar-B-Q for 5-10 minutes on each side.
3. To make sauce...sauté onions, garlic, bell pepper in oil for about 5 minutes. Then add tomato paste and about 3 cups of the liquid remaining from boiling. Now add Worchestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar and spices. Let boil down until thick like Bar-B-Q sauce. Add lemon juice at the end. (Here's a little trick...if you like your B-B-Q sauce a little sweeter, add more brown sugar here!)
4. Dip ribs in sauce, then put back on Bar-B-Q pit on LOW HEAT for another 10-15 minutes. Don't let the sauce burn...
5. Now its time to get dirty...the meat will fall off da bones and into yo mouth. Enjoy!!!
© 2000 Rene Brunet III